Become a Critical Critic
So you want to be a Critical Movie Critic? Congratulations — you found the right page at the right site to satiate your desire! The Critical Movie Critics is always looking for fresh, bright faces to fill our ranks.
We’re scouting for:
- Reviewers of quasi-classic and current films. Foreign and domestic.
- Individuals who can think up interesting cinema related tidbits and/or create rankable structures (i.e., Top-10 lists, etc.).
- Folks with an opinion and the desire to write insightful commentaries and articles.
- A fresh, distinct voice. We try like hell to be different from the 1000′s of other movie sites strewn about the internet, so putting your own flair into your work is strongly encouraged.
- Unique, exclusive content. We don’t want plagiarized or unoriginal works submitted. Obviously they won’t get published. We also want to keep cross-posting to as close to zero as possible.
- Clean work. Spell checks and grammar checks are a necessary evil (even though an editor will give a once over prior to publishing).
- Ability to remain fairly active. A one and done scenario doesn’t help much, so we’d prefer it if individuals tried to post/comment at least once per week.
What you get:
- The euphoric feeling of being an integral part of The Critical Movie Critics.
- A loyal and growing base of readers. We are a fast growing movie review site with 1,500 unique visitors visiting every day.
- Backlinks to your other projects on the About Us page and at the bottom of each post you have published.
- Your name in lights at prestigious sites like MRQE and IMDb.
- Interview opportunities and screening invites (dependent on your location, of course).
- Money. You get 75% of the Google AdSense revenue generated from the pages of your published work.
So what are you waiting for? Fame and Fortune await!! Fire off an email with a sample review (or other writing sample) and tell us a little bit about yourself to:
We look forward to hearing from you.